Friday, July 20, 2012

What we did!!

Dear Maizy,

Just when I think our weekends can't get any better - they do!  Friday night I got home and we just played outside, it's always so fun to watch you go down your slide, listen to you talk and laugh.  There is no better sound in the world than your laugh! We had a great dinner like always and then hit the hay. 

Saturday morning we woke up earlier than I like, but we had lots to do.  You and I had a movie date while daddy had to go fix g-ma and g-pa's basement.  We got to Grandma's visited for a minute then we headed to the movie.  We got there a little late because Grandpa's friend, Lori, gave us the movie tickets and she told me they were for Madagascar, but when we arrived I realized it was actually for Ice Age 3.  Woo hoo!!  I was happy about that since we had already seen Madagascar.  Anyway, I got you a kids movie meal, me a diet coke and we walked into the theater and it was PACKED!!  We had to sit about the 10th row from the very front but it actually wasn't too bad.  You sat in your own seat the whole time, ate your popcorn and candy and sipped on your drink.  You are such a good girl at movies.  We watched the whole thing!  After the movie we went back to g-ma's to eat lunch. She prepared a yummy green salad, fruit salad, chips and sandwiches. Delish!  Then we hung out for about an hour or two then when daddy was done for the day we headed home. 

We got invited to a few bbq's that evening but we decided we just wanted to stay home as a family.  I am really glad we did because we had a terrific evening!  We went on a little adventure. 

See.............

You LOVE to give high fives and are super good at it. 

then we played in the backyard and it was actually the coolest it had been all week, so it was awesome! While we were in the backyard you and dad created a "bridge" with some pavers and made a little walkway.  We stayed out until the sun went down. I love the long days of summer. 

Sunday we slept in a little since you thought sleep was optional the night before!  You woke up at 1a.m. crying, so dad brought you into bed with us and you only wanted me, so you and I were up until 3 a.m.  Yikes!!

Anyway, dad woke us up and we went back to Grandma Donker's so daddy could finish her bathroom wall. While we were there Grandma showed me a picture that you actually found while there earlier in the week.  The picture is of Grandma Shelly when she was one year old.  G-ma Donker thinks you look identical to her.  

What do you think?



I can see a resemblance, but I wouldn't say identical.  Anyway, we played at Grandma's for a while.  You were being your cute and funny self as usual.  You make us all laugh constantly at all the funny, cute, creative things you say and do!!

You add so much laughter, love, beauty and fun to our family.  We all can't get enough of you. 

After Grandma's house we went to the grocery store but you fell asleep on the way, so while dad ran in the store I sat in the car with you.  I feel so bad when you fall asleep in your car seat as it doesn't look very comfortable.  Then after the store we went straight home and you woke up as we were getting you out of the car.  We got you a bottle and put you in your crib in hopes that you would take a much needed nap.  Well you didn't sleep for long.  I was in the middle of cleaning my room and putting away stuff and you wanted to tip over my stacks of nicely folded towels and clothes.  I asked your dad to come get you so I could finish what I was doing - I was on a roll, so dad came and got you and you two went on an adventure.

He loaded you in his stroller and you two went down the street to check out the aluminum animal sale!  Dad took the camcorder and captured the adventure for me to see later.  You two are so cute together.  I watched the adventure later after you and dad were asleep for the night and i was dying laughing!!  There was a huge chicken!! It was red and white and like 7 feet tall.  Dad sat you on it and the guy that is working the sale was crouched down below holding your feet while your dad videotaped it!! Oh my gosh!! I am laughing now just thinking about it.

Anyway, when you two got home you told me all about the animals you saw.  Even though it was super windy you and dad had a good adventure and I got some stuff done around the house. Then we bbq'd some yummy ribs for dinner and had a great Sunday dinner together. 


You were very fun and entertaining as usual.


See..................


You found your "mustache" sticker and put it on!! Ha ha ha!


Like always I get a little anxiety that our weekends are over, but we make the best of them and always make memories.


I love you sweet girl!!


Love,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment