Thursday, July 26, 2012

I'm happy, I'm happy!

Dear Maizy,

I swear if I don't write every day I have SO much to remember when I do write and worry I forget all the details. I would like to start off by saying you are a crack up, talking a ton, always smiling, always movin' and shakin' and just coming into your own little/big self!

Ok so Friday night I got home from work and we were going to go shopping and get ready to go camping the next day. You and dad had set up the tent in the front yard to clean it out and get it all ready.  You gave me a tour of the tent when I got home from work.  You were quite amused with the cool, big tent. After checking out the tent I went in the house, changed my clothes, laid down on the couch since I was exhausted from the late nights hanging out with Brittany, you deciding not to sleep at night and then long days at work.  Anyway I laid down for a minute and an hour and a half later I woke up. You and dad continued to play outside so when I woke up you and dad had taken the tent down and you were playing with the neighbor girl.  Well we decided not to go camping since we still had lots to do and there wasn't a concrete plan - we were supposed to go with Grandpa Frank but he was kind of all over the place too.  We  just hung out at home and had a great night playing outside.  

Saturday morning we slept in, got ready for the day and headed out.  We weren't sure what we were going to do, so we went shopping for a few things then I called my friend Sara to see what her and her family were doing.  Well they were down at her brother-in-law's house.  We have met him and his family before at the zoo.  Sara invited us down there to go hang out and we took her up on her offer. I am so glad that we did.  We arrived at the house and it was huge and full of kids!  We walked in and it was all kind of chaotic but a good chaotic.  The kids were happy and playing in a sea of toys.  Then we walked outside and Oh.My.Heck.  The yard was huge, with a large deck, a trampoline just your size and a swing set with a slide.  Bingo!  You were in heaven.  We had a great night of bbq-ing, drinking, talking and watching you play. You were having a blast!!  There were two boys ages 3 and 4 then a really cute girl about 7 or 8 that just adored you.  The boys copied everything you did - it was cute!  You went down the slide on your tummy, then they went down the slide on their tummy. You were playing a pink Barbie jeep and the boys wanted that jeep too.  You are such a good, good girl.  Those boys cried a ton!  You only cried once and rightfully so. You were walking up the stairs with the huge Barbie jeep in your hand and you fell backwards since that thing was SO heavy - it had a remote control, so it had a huge battery inside it - and your foot got caught under the wood stair up the deck, it scraped your foot, but even then you only cried for a few seconds. 

At one point in the evening you came up to me and said "I'm happy, I'm happy!"  It melted my heart and all the other moms that were standing around.  At one point I had to take you inside to change your diaper and that was like pulling you teeth.  You kept saying "park, park!'  Yeah their backyard was the size of a park.

Everyone was getting the biggest kick out of you.  I am so proud of you and love to take you places.  You get along with all the kids, when they rip things out of your hands you don't cry,  you are great at playing with everyone and alone and your manners are impeccable.

At one point we could see some fireworks from the American Fork firework show, it was pretty cool!  We left there about 11:30p.m. and you were sad, but you were SO tired!  You were pretty much delirious. 

I am SOOOOO sad I didn't get any pics of that day. 

I just love everything about you and am in shock most days that you are mine and are so perfect.  I never thought in a million years that God would have given me such a wonderful, undeserving gift, but I accept you gladly!

Love,
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment