Friday, July 13, 2012

Sunday

Dear Maizy,


If I don't keep up on my blogging I get way behind and then I lose track of what we did!


Anyway, so Sunday was also a great day!


We slept in, it was wonderful!  You and daddy woke up about 8:30 a.m. but you guys let me sleep until 11 a.m. and I was very thankful for that.


We had breakfast and then I decided you and I  should clean your room, go through your clothes and put away things you have outgrown and start a bag for the homeless shelter. You were such a big help.


See............................









It makes me sad to go through your clothes that you have outgrown because there are so many of them which means you are growing too much and too fast.  Then it brings up memories of  doing all the cute things you did while wearing that outfit. 


Well before the day escaped us we decided to go run our errands.  The 3 of us got in the car and headed south.  We had to go to drop off some of Grandpa's camping stuff from our Father's Day adventure and check on the dogs.  We hung out in Grandpa's back yard for a little while, played with the dogs and then I sat you on the edge of the hot tub and had you put your feet in there.  You wanted your "jacket, jacket", so that you could swim.


Hanging out in Grandpa's backyard made me super sad.  Grandpa does not take care of his yard and it used to be so beautiful back there. Grandma Shelly took good care of it and beautified the place.  I have so many fond memories of that yard growing up - jumping on the trampoline we had, the sleep overs on the tramp or a tent, playing with our dogs, doing cartwheels, playing in the snow, bbq's, having family/friends over and eating outside, running through the sprinklers and picking yummy plums off the plum tree.  Anyway, I won't go into all that right now.


Then after Grandpa's house we went to the grocery store to get stuff for dinner.  We got home and had a super yummy bbq with ribs, corn on the cob, salad and rolls.  Yum!!


You sure do love corn on the cob. 







You wanted to get down from dinner to go play on your slide and climb, so we just finished our dinner and watched you.  


Sunday nights I get a little anxiety that are weekends are coming to an end and that I don't get to spend every day with you!  Ugh!!


This weekend you seemed to be talking more and more.  I can usually understand you, there are a few times when I can't.  


Thanks for a great day!


I Love You!


Love,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment