Friday, July 13, 2012

Fun Stuff

Dear Maizy,

We had a fantastic week with the 4th of July and all.  Thursday night Grandma Shelly took us to an impromptu dinner since she was going out of town the next day.  We went for Chinese food.  The restaurant had a cool aquarium that you were all about, so the three of us took turns during dinner to go show you the fish.  

We got and ate SO much food, it was crazy!!  That's how it always is though when we go with Grandma.  It was fun to sit, visit and stay cool.  The weather has been super hot!!  It's not even enjoyable.  I take two showers a day and still feel hot and sticky - yuck!  

After dinner Grandma was driving us back home and we had to stop to return a Redbox.  We pulled into the parking lot and you said "Oh boy!"  Oh my gosh!!  We laughed SO hard!! You said it in a tone like - not another stop.  Since we were laughing you were laughing.  You are getting more and more funny and realizing it, it's hilarious!!

Friday night I got home and daddy was working in the yard, so you and I just hung out, ate dinner, you had a bath, we colored, did puzzles and watched a little t.v. Then before you know it, it's bed time!  We were both tired from our busy, fun, weird scheduled week!

Saturday daddy worked so it was just you and me babe!  We slept in, it was nice! Then we got ready for the day.  We were meeting my friend Sara and her son Christian at Gateway to play in the fountains.  I realized I left my phone charger in my office at work, so we took a drive to my work then I took the long way home and we got a snack for the drive.  I was hoping you would fall asleep in the car and take a mini nap before our busy day.  

We eventually got home when we were walking towards the front door of our house a stranger passing by was coming towards us so I hurried us inside.  Then one minute later he was knocking on our door and ringing the door bell.  We were standing quietly in the kitchen and you said "Shhhhhh (with your finger to your mouth) quiet!" It was so cute.  So even as a grown up you don't answer the door to strangers especially when daddy isn't home.  I had no idea what the guy wanted, but it's good to never find out.  Don't Open The Door To Strangers!  No Matter What!!

Anyway, we got back to getting ready for our day.  I got you dressed in your cute butterfly swimsuit. Then we headed downtown to Gateway!  Sara and Christian were anxiously awaiting our arrival.  Sara got a great spot at a table with an umbrella.  Christian was so glad to see you and ready for you to join him running through the fountains. Oh and they got you some Skittles too!  You weren't too thrilled about the fountains since they splash and it got in your face.  You do not like water in your face - I get it!!  I don't either!

So I walked you out into the fountains and you were kind of getting used to it, so I walked back to the table to talk to Sara and watch you, but it was only a few minutes before you came to me crying - a fountain shot water in your eye.  Poor girl!!  All through out the day kids were crying and even screaming because water was getting in their eyes too.  You didn't cry for long, so then you just hung out by Sara and I in the shade and around the window to a jewelry store.  You were munching on some Cheetos and had your hand and lip marks all over the stores window.  I felt bad for the store,  but you were having a good time and I am sure the store is used to it by now.  The kids next to us were cracking up at you! It was a really warm day, but it was really enjoyable to be outside with you and good friends! 


See....................





After an hour or so at the fountains the 4 of us walked down to 'Bout Time and got some drinks and lunch.  You hardly ate a thing!  You are in this no sleep, no eat phase!!  You and Christian had a blast pretend playing with the arcade game next to our table, you were climbing all over the table across from us, you were following Christian around, he was making sounds and making you laugh.  You two were quite cute together.  You knocked your hand on the table and you put your hand up to Christian for him to kiss it better and he did!  It was absolutely darling.  He even blushed a little. 


Look how cute you and Christian are.




Um, you got your self stuck, but I made you stay put for a photo op then I helped you!

After hanging out there for a while we parted ways and headed towards Sandy to go pick up daddy from work.  Then we went to Grandpa Frank's to check on his dogs as he was out of town.


We eventually got home and relaxed!  It was nice.  I love our weekends together. 




Love you!!


Love,
mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment