Friday, March 18, 2011

31 Weeks Old!!!



Dear Maizy,

I can't believe that you are 31 weeks old!!  That is almost 8 months!!! And what a fun 31 weeks it's been.  You are such a fun, cute, sweet baby!  You scoot around like crazy and if you see something you want you go for it!!  I have to keep all my magazines up because those seem to be your favorite - smart girl!  One day you got  a hold of one and had black all over your face from the print, it was super adorable! 

You have cut 2 teeth.  When you smile and I can see your razor sharp teeth it melts my heart, I have never seen a more beautiful baby than you!!  I am not bias either.  We get compliments, people stare and point and smile and coo at you - even grown men!! EVERYWHERE we go.  I said to your dad not too long ago - "I love all the kind words about Maizy but Oh My Gosh!!  Can we not eat in peace!!!"  When we take you out to eat people hover at our table and ask tonz of questions about you.  I appreciate the kind words and that someone has an interest in my main interest too but my heck - they seriously hover while we are trying to enjoy our meal as a family!!  But then I also think that we have created something so beautiful to share with the world and your job is going around making people happy.  I always say - "Maizy is just doing what she does best - spreading joy and happiness to others!!!"

You also are starting to talk more and more.  You say your bbbbbbb's, ddddddd's and we are working on your mmmmmmmm sound. You know your name when we say "Maizy" you turn your head and look or turn the other way and intentionally ignore us! Ha ha ha!!

You are eating solid foods and trying more and more things.  Last night we gave you some baked potato with some butter -we checked you can have butter - and you were loving it!!  Right now you really dig squash and sweet potatoes.  You are a really good eater!  I love when I get to feed you. I am not a pro like your dad, so we end up getting it EVERYWHERE!!  All over me, all over you, it cracks me up!! You have tried halibut, green beans, turkey, ham, avocado, shortbread cookies and strawberries and seem to like them all.
Lately you seem to think that sleeping is optional and don't wish to participate.  For example, last night and this morning you were awake more than you were asleep.  I was SOOOOOO tired but I was rocking you at 1:45 this morning and you were in a super great, playful mood and I just went with it and let you play.  Sleeping is for the birds anyway!!

Anyway, I am enjoying you SOOOOO much and I know your father is too.  You crack us up all the time.  I love watching your facial expressions and big beautiful eyes light up when you discover something new.  I love you with all my heart!!

Love,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment