Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Adios! Ciao! Au Revoir!



Dear Maizy,

This may sound silly, but as of Saturday around 5pm we are no longer breastfeeding!  See you have teeth now and the experience is not as pleasant for me as it used to be.  I am actually really sad about it.  I loved those moments that just you and I shared.  We were always alone and away from everyone.  I would just talk to you and rub your head, your back and your feet, it was one of my favorite things.  I would get home from work and you'd wake up from your nap and I'd feed you and talk about our day. Sometimes we'd even fall asleep together.  Plus I have been doing this from the day that you were born, so it hit me hard and saddened me that you are growing up and FAST!



You have been taking a bottle just fine.  There was a moment on Sunday when you were looking at me to feed you right there and then like it had always been, I started crying and you started crying because you didn't understand, it was a sad moment. But you have adjusted to the change just fine.

This weekend you also started sleeping in your own bed.  I was also saddened by this, but you have been sleeping just fine. I realized you sleeping with me was more for me than you.  Now we both are getting more sleep - you're not waking up when I move and I am not waking up when you move plus now we both get to move more freely.

So we have said goodbye to a few habits that we had and now we will create new ones.


You had crawled around so much that a hole was created in the foot of your p.j.'s!! Ha ha ha! SO cute!!

One great thing that has come out of this though is now you will cuddle with me!!  When you cry at night I get you out of your bed, you nestle your head into my neck and we cuddle.  Now that you are all over the place you are too busy to cuddle with me, so we make up for it at night or four in the morning but either way I love and cherish that moment shared.



On Sunday you were crawling about in the room, came across a box, held on to it and lifted yourself up to a standing position!!  It was amazing!!  I was super proud of you, you could tell so you were all smiled!  You knew it was a job well done and you haven't stopped doing it.  You have this determination in you that I admire.  You really are a strong, good, adaptable, happy and pleasant baby and I couldn't be more blessed!!!



I just can't get over how fast you are growing and learning!  You are now feeding yourself too with your hands, it's super adorable and messy!!

Love you!

Love,
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment