Tuesday, March 8, 2011

RuM FoR ThE GuMs!!!

Dear Maizy,



You are teething!



The End.







Ok no seriously, you are teething and it's super, super sad!! You are getting 2 teeth at the same time. Your two bottom ones, though I have to admit it's super cute when you smile and I see them!!  You have been running a fever, a runny nose and just aren't very happy!  Your dad and I are doing everything in our power to try and make you comfortable.  I used to get frustrated when you cried and was upset - not at you of course but with myself.  It would frustrate me that you were upset and I couldn't fix it, but now when you are just upset and feel like crying (I can totally relate)  I just hold you and love on you and let you work it out.  This approach seems to be working much better for all of us.  I learned this from your dad, so I can't take all the credit.


We all had a wonderful weekend together.  Friday night you and I met my friend Allison at Cold Stone for ice cream.  Even though you didn't feel 100% you were SO super cute and smiley!!  I gave you some Pink Lemonade sorbet that you enjoyed!  Allison adored you.  There was this cutest little blonde, blue eyed boy that saw you, lit up and pointed and screamed "BABY" over and over again!! So cute. He wanted you out of your carrier so he could play with you!  Then these older kids came in and saw you and danced for you for a good 10 minutes!  You always catch people's attention.








Then we went home and just took it easy.  Nighttime is a little rough for you and I lately.


Saturday we woke up played.  I went to lunch with friends.  I was dying to take you, but you weren't too happy and needed to catch-up on your sleep.  After lunch I came home, bathed you and we got ready and took you up to Great-Grandma Donker's house so she could watch you while your dad and I went to a friends house for a bit. Grandma Shelly was there too!! I missed you terribly while we were apart.  When we came to pick you up you were playing with a new keyboard Grandma had bought for you to play with.  I will never forget it, you were playing it for me and looking right at me while doing so!  Cutest thing ever!!!  It's like you were saying "Hey mom!! Look at me!!" I just adore your sweet face. 








Then Sunday we bummed around. You and I slept until 11 a.m. It was SO enjoyable to cuddle with you.  Then we got ready and went to Grandma Annette's for dinner!! YUM!!  You still weren't feeling that great but you were cracking us all up.  You were watching Siennna play and run around and you were getting the biggest kick out of her!  Even though you are teething and not feeling so great you still manage to smile, laugh and crack us right the heck up!!!


Then we got home and laid in bed and cuddled - my fave.


Thanks for being such a fun and enjoyable baby!!






Feel better soon!


Love you!


Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment