Tuesday, June 19, 2012

FATHER'S DAY ADVENTURE!!!

Dear Maizy,


Father's Day was such a  wonderful day!!! It's also a great reminder of those wonderful father's in our lives.  You for one have an amazing father. You dad would do just about anything for you and me too actually.  He LOVES you so, so, so much!  I'd say almost as much as I do. ; )


You and your daddy really have a special bond and I hope that continues to grow through out your life.  My dad and I are also very close.  There are times in my life when we are closer than other times, but we know in our hearts we are there for each other. 


Let me tell you about my dad. Well actually I will just tell you the basics.  He deserves a post of his own. I will tell you this much though. He loves me and my sister a lot and even though he acts all macho and tough he would do anything for us I am sure - we just have to ask.  He's not the type of dad that offers much but if you're willing to ask then he would give you the shirt off his back.  He LOVES his motorcycles, the outdoors, fishing, his dog, free time, his hot tub probably actually more than anything and he loves you!  Grandpa likes to tell stories about his childhood (even though it was kind of a sad one), and definitely his teenage/early twenties,  but you are way too young to hear those stories anytime soon. 


I think my dad likes being a dad, but it's not something he takes great pride in.  I am sure he is proud of me and my sister, but he is not the first one to tell you that.  Since Grandpa is such a macho man he has a skewed way of showing his emotions.  


Anyway, let's talk about your dad.  He is crazy about you and me.  He gets teary eyed just about every day when you say a new word, do something new, say something hilarious, when you are playing and then just reach up to hug and kiss him.  Your dad is very tender heart-ed and that is one of the many reasons why I love him.  Your dad is actually the better parent out of the two of us.  He is more cautious, more methodical, more strict (when I wimp out), more creative, very loving, caring, giving of his time, more fun, in fact he is just down right awesome.  I couldn't have picked a better father for you - seriously!! 




So on Father's Day morning Daddy opened his presents before we really started the day.  You gave him a cute shirt and a matching pair of shorts.  I gave him a bottle of yummy cologne.  Then we loaded up the car with day camp gear and coolers full of drinks and food!!  We were on the road by 10:00a.m. We went to Grandpa's house to meet him and his friend, Lori.  we talked for a minute and got back on the road and headed to American Fork canyon.  Grandpa had gone there earlier and claimed a day camp site and good thing because that canyon was packed!!!  he picked the best spot there!  We had lots of shade and sun and were close to the river but not too close. 






The drive was beautiful.  We settled in busted out the drinks and some snacks and talked about how happy we were to be there.  Grandpa took you down near the river and taught you how to throw rocks. Cutest thing ever to watch you two.  I was spying and took some pics.









We were down there for quite a while, talking and watching you throw rocks.  You have quite the arm little lady.  I was having one of those moments that you hate to see end.  You'll have lots of those moments I am sure.  


We got back to our spot and blew bubbles.  Grandpa was helping you!




You really played in the leafy, grass areas in out campsite - I can't blame you!







Then we all decided to drive up to Tibble Fork Reservoir to check it out, it was quite busy, but we got out and played anyway.  


We walked down to the sand bar where we could be isolated a little.  There were about 20 monarch butterflies fluttering all around you.  No kidding.  I am kicking myself now for not getting a picture.  You were chasing them just smiling and laughing. It truly was a magical moment and I am sad I didn't get a picture.  Then there was a tony stream next to us and you were having a blast walking up and down it.  Life was great!
There was blue water in the middle of the lake and that is where you wanted to be.  You kept saying "blue, blue"!! 


Then we walked back to the beach where Grandpa and Lori were sitting.  They were talking to some real friendly (drunk) people.  The women were paddle boarding across the reservoir and they were taking a break, so they offered daddy to try out the paddle board.  He happily obliged and entertained us all!!  He would fall off and we would laugh.  Daddy was actually quite good and was loving it, so now we are on the hunt for a paddle board!


After checking out reservoir and all it had to offer we went back to our campsite and started on dinner. In the meantime you went to lay down on the dirt, so dad got out a blanket for you guys to lie on. 




Daddy had to get back to bbq-ing so Grandpa and I came and joined you.  You jumped up and started climbing all over us and laughing.  No nap time for you I guess.



I would like to mention that we changed your clothes 3 times and could have for a 4th time but we were headed home so we didn't see the point.  This just shows how much fun you were having walking around with no shoes on, playing in the dirt,  playing with the river water I put in your bucket for you to play in, we did sidewalk chalk, blew bubbles, did stickers in your new Dora sticker book.


Daddy barbecued up some super delicious steaks, you had a hot dog, corn on the cob - though you were as enthusiastic about it like you were at Tresa's - and  rolls and potato salad.  YUM!!! We were super full.  But not for too long before Grandpa made a fire and busted out the smores.  Those were especially yummy.  Lori had never had one before but she loved them too.


After dessert it was time to get going.  we were all super sad to see the day come to a close, but it was after 8p.m.  BUMMER!!


Lori was great.  She entertained you and kept you safe while we cleaned and packed up the car. She put you on Grandpa's bike and was honking the horn for you.  Too cute!!!






The drive home was sad, but you were out after 3 minutes, yes, 3 minutes of being in the car.  


Thanks for such a fun, fun day.  Even though it was Father's Day the day was still about you!  


Love you!!


Love,
mommy







No comments:

Post a Comment