Thursday, June 28, 2012

Mommy's Little Fish

Dear Maizy,


Monday I felt this big urge to make sure you got some major water action since we never made it swimming over the weekend.  


I rushed home after work, got you dressed in your darling swim suit, cover up and sandals, grabbed the sunscreen, beach towel and we were out the door. 


We headed to the local Splash Pad!!  YAY!!  We were all super excited.  We arrived to find that there was no splashing at the pad - the water was turned off!!! BUMMER!!! You were asleep when we arrived, so I walked over and read the signs and yep!  it should have been turned on, not sure why it was turned off and either were the other kids and parents around. 


I walked back to the car and your dad and I contemplated on what to do since you were sleeping but there was quite a cool playground and you were ready for fun.  All the other kids at the park were in their swimsuits and were playing in the water fountain to at least play in some water.  We decided to wake you up and we walked over to the awesome playground.  You kept say "swim, swim", but then you saw the playground, all the kids and you were happy.  The playground suddenly got taken over by the big kids that were there to play on the splash pad. They were very disrespectful and rude, so we left!  I felt bad because you were crying but we were off to do something bigger and better - GO SWIMMING!!! 


We drove all the way to Grandma Annette's and it really was a long ride - we felt bad.  We finally got there and everyone was gone except for Tyler, luckily he was home.  We got the key to the pool from him, but he kept talking and talking and you were getting pretty anxious.  See......................................



So I said "LET'S GO!!!!!" I felt so bad that it was taking so long for us to get to the pool and you really were being so super good!  We finally got to the pool, couldn't put your life jacket on fast enough and you and dad jumped in the pool and were swimming!!! Yes!  Finally.


I was SOOOOOO super proud of you.  You were kicking your legs and doing everything we were telling you to try to teach you to swim.  You were grinning from ear to ear!  I was such a proud mama.  I didn't bring my swimsuit or else I would have gotten in with you, but I was playing cheerleader and paparazzi on the side of the pool.


Check you out!!













You are such a little bad ass!!!  I have been searching for swimming lessons for you to take ever since.  We were going to sign you up anyway, but now I am totally motivated to take you sooner than later since you love it so much! 


We were worried how we would ever get you out of the pool, but you eventually tired and you worked up an appetite.  We got out of the pool, changed your clothes, left and got some food.  I thought for sure you would fall asleep on the way home but you were still so busy smiling and we weren't done praising you on your awesome swimming skills.


Thank you fro such a fun, fun night!!  This is the best summer yet!


Love you!!


Love,
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment