Friday, June 15, 2012

Undeserving

Dear Maizy,

Yesterday was a lot of fun.  You and daddy picked me up from work then we dropped daddy off at Uncle Paul's while we ran to Grandpa Frank's to say hi and get Aunt Brittany's mail for her.  Grandpa Frank was super excited to see you.  You were dressed super cute and Grandpa handed you a fudge covered cookie!  Yum!  But I had to hurry and take off your darling shirt before it got everywhere.   You wanted to go in the pool room, so we did.  Grandpa was super impressed with your ability to name every color of ball.  You know and say them all SOOOOOO well.  We also named animals and you made their sounds.  One of my fave things to do.  I always ask you to make the sound of an elephant and it's beyond awesome!!  

Then unfortunately we couldn't hang out with Grandpa all night so we went to pick up daddy and went to our friend Tresa's house.  Daddy and I used to live with Tresa while we ere expecting you.  She truly is a good friend to us.  We were going to her new house for the first time.  Her house is lovely and her back yard is just lovelier.  She also has a puppy, Hudson,  that you liked and he did really well with you too!!  

You were LOVING the backyard, playing in the dirt and filling up a bowl with grass and feeding it to the dog.  You found the hose so we turned it on for you and you walked around the whole yard watering everything and yourself.  We barbecued hamburgers for dinner - they were delish!  We ate dinner out on the patio and then played int he yard some more.  It was such a  fun night!!  You were so, so, so good as always.  You had a blast in the yard and eating yummy food.  Especially the corn!  You were loving your corn on the cob. We gave you dip to dip your cheeseburger in - you seem to eat more when you can dip it.  Look how stinkin' cute you are!!










We got home about 10:30 since we had to take the long way home due to traffic on the freeway. Thank you for such a lovely evening and being so good.  I love taking you places and showing you off. 

Today after lunch with Tresa - it was an impromptu lunch - I was thinking about how undeserving I am to have you.  I can't believe that God gave me, silly me, such a precious gift.  I don't feel worthy enough to be your mom.  I am in shock most days and the other disbelief.  
 You are mine.  All mine.  I am responsible for you, your well being, your health and your future.  Holy crap that is a lot of pressure.  Please know that I am trying my best for you and always will. 
I love you and want the best for you because that is what you deserve.  Nothing less.

As your mom, and most but not all mom's in general, do SO much for their children.  More than the father's.  You have a wonderful dad and he would do anything for you.  I just want to let you know that being your mom is the best and hardest job I've ever been given.  I'll save the rest of what I have to say for another day!

I love you!  Thanks for a wonderful night!  This weekend is Father's Day so we have an adventure in store.  Woo hoo!!

Love you!

Love,
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment