Thursday, June 7, 2012

Sleep Schmeep

Dear Maizy,

This has been such a great week, with so many awesome things taking place. Some little. Some big. 

Monday your dad had the day off and was home with you.  All you wanted to do was lie in front of the t.v. and watch your shows and you wanted dad by your side all day.  He called and told me and warned me that nothing was going to get done around the house, but I understood and so did you dad.  You just wanted to rest and enjoy being home from our busy, busy weekend. We get it.  I got home Monday night and we had a really yummy dinner that we ate outside. It was actually hotter in our house than outside because the a/c is a big piece of crap.



Anyway, it came time for bed.  You went to bed about 10p.m. and this was my chance to go to bed too, but I stayed up and read.  I finally went to sleep about 11:30 - UGH!  Then I woke up to you screaming and daddy was going into your room when I asked him what was going on he said he wasn't sure but this was your third time waking up like that in the last hour and a half.  Sad!  So you heard my voice and asked for me so daddy brought you into bed with us. 

You were still crying so I rubbed your belly and you calmed down a little bit then I was rubbing your forehead and you seemed to relax a little bit more.  Daddy went to sleep as you and I talked quietly.  You would count to 14 for me then you would start to fall asleep and then wake back up and would name off animals and the sounds they make.  Then you would start to fall asleep so you would play with my hair.  Then you would relax even more and start to fall asleep so then you would name all of yours and mine facial features.  You would fall asleep and I would move then you'd wake up and start talking. Point is - you would not stay asleep!!!  We did this until about 5 a.m.!!  As much as I was tired I was enjoying every moment.  You rarely do this so I was patient and just trying to soak in everything that I could.  My alarm went off at 7 and I wanted to cry!!  I turned off my alarm and woke back up at 8 a.m.  I felt like a zombie but you seemed to be sleeping well.  I was jealous!



But even though you looked super comfy and sleepy you woke up about 8:30a.m. as I was getting ready for work.  I took yo downstairs, made a bed on the floor for you, gave you some snacks and turned on your cartoons.  You are liking Mickey Mouse Clubhouse these days. I continued to get ready but was trying to think of every excuse to stay home.  Ugh!!  I decided I would rather save my PTO for a day when we have a plan for something fun.  Anyway, I made it to work about 9:30 a.m. and felt so TIRED and just loopy. 

You stayed up from 8:30a.m until 3:30p.m. when you asked daddy for a nap.  not sure what was going on there kiddo but you did not want to sleep! You were awake by the time I got home from work and the grocery store around 7.  we had a great rest of the night and a yummy dinner for Taco Tuesday!!

Thanks for being you!  I love you!

Love,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment