Monday, August 6, 2012

I do it, I do it!

Dear Maizy,

We had a great weekend together and I am SO sad that it's over.  Mondays come way too fast.  Friday night I got from from work early, so you and I played while daddy got ready to go fishing with Grandpa Frank.  Dad was finally ready for his overnight fishing trip.  When daddy was finally all packed we drove down to Grandpa's.  Grandpa was super excited to see you.  We hung out for about an hour just visiting and waiting for Grandpa's friend to get there.  In the meantime, you were getting a kick out of going in and out of the doggy door.  Yuck!  And getting the dog their food and throwing it towards them!



After we hugged and kissed daddy goodbye we went over to my friend Brindy's house.  You were getting hungry so Brindy cooked us some some ramen noodles, we ate outside and played with Brindy's puppy, Elvis.  Then Brindy brought out some toys for you to play with.  Travis, Brindy's boyfriend, was getting a big kick out of you.  We didn't stay there too long since it was getting late, so we headed home.  We got home changed you into your jammies, I read you a story and put you to bed.  We both were super tired.  I went to bed too!! 

I woke up about 9:30 on Saturday morning and you woke up about 11:00!!  I LOVE that you sleep in.  You are always in the best mood when you wake up, have this big smile with tired eyes, bed head and it just melts my heart.  Once you were out of your crib we just started playing immediately. 

See.................






you took this darling picture all by yourself
You also wanted your Dora dress and hat on too. You are getting into dressing up, wearing hats, sunglasses and jewelery, it's really adorable!  I read an article that it's really awesome for the development of your imagination and creativity to be doing such things.

After dress up our tummies were growling, so I loaded you up in your Dora dress and my awesome bed head and we headed to McDonald's for oatmeal and coffee.  Then we came back home to eat breakfast, you fed me mine while I fed you yours, then we watched cartoons.  I was loving  every minute of it.  You blow my mind at how much you know, can say and the information you retain.  Still when you see your Easter basket in the top of the closet you say "eggs, eggs!" And that was about four months ago that you used that basket for one day.  When we read stories I mimic what they are doing in the book  to you - touching their toes, nose and wiggling their fingers - the next time we read that same story - which could be a week later you remember it all. You are so dang smart!

It also blows my mind when you know something is funny.  You will laugh and say "that's funny!"  You already have an amazing sense of humor. I guess I'm not too surprised.  I mean look at who your parents are!?!?

Dad called us about 2:00 pm to go pick him up at Grandma's.  I was sad to see our girls day come to an end but we both missed daddy, so we drove back to Grandpa's, talked to the boys for a few and headed home.

We got home and we were all pretty tired.  You went down for a nap then daddy and I watched a movie. We were getting pretty hungry and decided to do takeout for dinner.  I went and picked us up some personal pizzas from a new place and they were quite delish!  Just as your father and I were finishing our dinner you woke up.  You were in a fantastic mood like always and you were starvin'.  You were glad to see your cute little pizza for dinner.  I handed you a piece of pizza and you were so proud of yourself to be eating it like a big girl since we usually cut up your dinner into smaller pieces. 

We turned on the Olympics after the movie was over.  We just played, read stories, colored and played chase the rest of the evening.

Sunday morning the three of us met Grandma Shelly and her friend Paige at Little America for breakfast.  Grandma was super excited to see you.  We had a great breakfast and a wonderful visit with Paige.  After breakfast you went home with Grandma while daddy and I went home and cleaned!!!  Yes cleaned!!

We cleaned for 5 hours.  I did the upstairs while daddy cleaned the downstairs.  We got SOOOOO much done it was awesome.  Um, it is the absolute most difficult thing to clean, really clean, while you are around. "I do it. I do it!" you say as you try to grab the toilet scrubber out of my hand, or try to help me as you  knock over all the folded clothes and towels I just folded, you want to spray Windex or whatever I am using all over everything, so it was really nice to get that done and then when you got home from Grandma's our house was sparkling clean.  We even rearranged a few rooms, you definitely noticed first thing, so you went around and checked it all out!

I was sad to see our weekend come to an end, but what a great one it was!  We got lots done and now we can just focus on your birthday party!!  Woo hoo!!

Your birthday party is taking place at Grandma Shelly and Grandpa Glen's next Saturday!!  It's going to be wonderful.  I am in shock that you will be turning 2!

Thanks for being such a wonderful daughter!

I love you to the moon and back.

Love,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment