Monday, August 27, 2012

Lagoon!

Dear Maizy,

You went to Lagoon for the very first time on Thursday August 23rd. I got home from work, loaded you and dad in the car and then we went and picked up Grandma Shelly and headed to Lagoon.  It was a great night to go since it wasn't very hot!

Grandma sat in the backseat with you on the way there.  She fed you your dinner so that helped pass the time it took getting there since you were pretty anxious to see these rides we were talking about.  Dad was telling you that he was going to play games and win you a stuffed animal, so you kept saying "animal games!"  It was adorable!

We got to the park and got inside the gates and it's even changed since the last time I was there.  I think it was kind of overwhelming to you.  We headed right over to the kiddie rides.  There wasn't a line on the whales so that was your very first ride!  You were so dang cute!  The ride did go quite fast.  You didn't know what to think.  Seeing how dang cute you are and that this was an all new experience for you brought tears to my eyes.  

Then you rode the airplanes that have guns attached to them, the boats - I think it's the same from when I was a child, the airplanes that land in water and the cars!  You hardly said a word all night. 

You and I rode on Puff the Magic Dragon and you squealed a little bit, it was SO cute!  Then you rode the flying Puff and Dumbo right next to the roller coaster.  Then we walked over to Pioneer Village and rode the Log Flume, it was just you, me and daddy.  You and dad sat in the front and I sat in the back.  That is a pretty fun ride!

Then we walked back over to the train and while dad waited in line for us Grandma and I went and watched you ride on the planes again.  Then we went and got back in line to ride the train. We got on and you said "fast, fast!"  And in fact, it was the slowest ride I have ever, ever been on!!  I wish that we would have ridden it in the daylight to see the animals.  We saw the Siberian Tiger pretty well - he was pacing his cage. There were lions too but we couldn't see them very well.  You did enjoy the train!  Then we walked back to Pioneer Village.  Daddy ran to the restroom, Grandma went and ordered our food while you and I ran over to the log flume - there was no line!  It was just you and I babe! I was loving being in the moment - all quiet, me holding you close to me, you saying a few words (finally), it was an awesome moment.  Then we all met back at the table and had dinner - roasted corn on the cob - you were diggin' that! Pork sandwiches and fries.  We were all starving.  After dinner daddy and I went on the white roller coaster while Grandma took you on the helicopters, the cars and then back on the helicopters!  By this time it was 9:30 and it was time to go!  I was SAD!  I wanted to see and do more but you and everyone else was tired.  It was cool to see all the ride lit up.  the night brought back memories for me when I was a kid and would go to Lagoon every year.  We always went on Italian's Day when I was gr0wing up!  I miss those days, but am glad and lucky that I get to see you experience that place.

I really want to get season passes next year so we can go all the time.  

Thanks for a fun and awesome evening sweetie!

I love you!

Love,
mommy

p.s. Grandpa Frank called the next day to see how you liked Lagoon, it was cute!  

No comments:

Post a Comment