Monday, August 13, 2012

Party Weekend

Dear Maizy,

This weekend was crazy fun!  Friday morning on my way to work I couldn't help but start crying when it really hit me that you are turning two.  Two years old!!
24 months old 
731 days old. 
17,570 hours old. 
105,420 minutes old.

Can you believe that all those months, days, hours and minutes, even seconds have been awesome!?!

That's no lie my dear.

Not to say that some days weren't harder than others, but there has always been something remarkable in each of those days.  I remember the day you were born perfectly.  When I think about it and close my eyes I can put my self back in those very brief moments, it all went by so fast.  

I have loved and cherished every first and stage of your life - your first breathes in this crazy world. Your first cries, coos and giggles. The look in your father's eyes when he saw you for the first time. The first time I fed you from my body. The first time your grandparents laid eyes on you. Your first smile. The first time you grabbed my finger and wouldn't let go.  The first time you rolled over by yourself.  Your first words. Your first bath. The first bath I got to give you. The first time you said "mama".  I could go on and on. I love that I still get to witness your firsts.  I am truly blessed.

Some of my most cherished moments is when you would wake up in the middle of the night when you were first born.  I would get out of bed, lean over you in your bassinet, pick up your tiny body and pull you close to mine, it would be dark except for the streetlight shining through the window.  We'd sit in the rocking chair and rock. I would feed you and caress your cute little face, hands and toes. It was so quiet that it felt like you and I were the only ones awake for miles. I loved these nights so much.  I was never bothered when you woke up.  I'm still not.  If you wake up now, it means I get to see you and don't have to wait until morning or after work the next day, it means I get to hold you and share a quiet moment with you, it means you know that I am there for you and can take of your needs - these are moments I will never pass up or complain about.  

You are such an amazing little girl that I want to return the favor and be an amazing mother.  

I just can't believe all that you have learned or just seem to know.  You have an extensive vocabulary and can count, say your animal sounds and identify all colors like nobodies business.  Everyday you blow me away with something.

I love, love, love, love, love how happy you are all the time.  You have no idea how much I cherish and admire this about you.  Life is too short to be any different, some and even most adults don't understand this and just refuse to be happy.  Don't ever change!  

Well here we are two years later after your birth.  We are given no choice but to celebrate your awesome little self and the fact that your father and I have kept you alive and well! That's our little joke.  

So we decided to celebrate with a party on Saturday August 11th.  In preparation I went to go get my hair done on Friday after work at a new salon that just opened about 2 minutes walking distance from our house.  I got my hair cut and styled and then I decided to get my eyebrows wax, so I was there longer than expected and just then I heard your dad's voice as he came into the salon.  You and daddy walked over to check on me. I was SO excited to see you too and the  stylist was excited to meet the both of you two.  She was well aware of your birthday party taking place, so she asked if she could paint your nails for your birthday party.  We happily obliged!!  It was the cutest thing ever.

See..................................


I asked you to say "cheese" and look at me but this is what I got.  ha ha ha! 





You did SO good!  You were totally cooperative and cute about it all. 
After the salon we went home for a few minutes then went up to Grandma Shelly and Grandpa Glen's to get ready for your party the next day.  We had pizza and salad for dinner up there, talked about your party a little while the boys watched the Olympics, then Grandma and I gave you a bath then changed you into some new Elmo pajamas grandma bought for you. 

We got home and went right to bed.  I could hardly sleep - I was so excited for your birthday party.  Not very many people RSVP'd so I wasn't sure what to expect.  But Oh.My.Gosh. Were we in for a surprise!

I can't believe you are going to be two!!! AAAAAAHHHHHH!!

I love you!

Love,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment