Monday, August 13, 2012

To share or not to share

Daer Maizy,

You are a terrible sharer - most of the time.  You will share your meals with others but that is because you have an ulterior motive - the sooner your dinner is finished the sooner you can play. 

You do not like to share your toys or even other's own toys for that matter.  For example,  we were outside playing with the neighbor girls.  Liberty brought out her electric Tinkerbell 4 wheeler.  The three of you were to take turns going up and down the sidewalk on the 4 wheeler.  It was your turn to ride it and you were loving it and were quite a pro since you have your own up at Grandma Shelly's, anyway, when it was your turn to get off the 4 wheeler and let another girl ride it you refused.  I had to pick you up as you were crying and kicking.  Awesome.  not embarrassing at all.  I decided that it was best if we just went inside.  I thanked them for letting us play then we went in the house.  Once we were in the house you were fine.  I couldn't stop thinking of ways to make you share and wondered where you picked up this behavior and just then daddy reached over and grabbed something right out of your hands.  Now I am not going to blame dad for all of this but grabbing from one another is not a good idea, it makes you possessive of pretty much everything you can get your hands on and obviously it makes you upset, as anyone else who gets things ripped out of their hands.  My homework just doubled -  I have to teach you and daddy. 

After we had dinner we were playing. I noticed you were really in to a necklace that you had.on. I asked you to share and let mommy wear it.  You looked at the necklace and then at me.  You were giving it lots of thought.  I asked you again to "share and let mommy wear it."  You took the necklace off your neck and put it on me.  I thanked you and told you how proud I am of you.  We played and then about 20 minutes later I gave it back to you.  That was a small step in the right direction - I think.

We are still working on this.  You also say "mine" when you either want something or while holding a toy of yours.  I am not quite sure where you learned this because your father and I don't walk around the house claiming what is ours.  I must admit though and it's a secret from you, but it's quite cute when you say "mine" and fold your arms. 

I am pretty sure this behavior is normal of a super, smart two year old!

I love you!  Thank you for being "mine"!!!

Love,
Brooke


No comments:

Post a Comment