Thursday, August 23, 2012

Little Stinker

Dear Maizy,

You are turning into quite the little stinker and dong things I didn't think my sweet girl would ever do or do this soon!  But rest assured this is all normal behavior and there are no age limits attached to it.  

You will sometimes bite me.  I am not sure where that is coming from, but I don't like it.  You don't bite anyone but me, so I guess that's a good thing.  I am not flattered by any means, but I would rather have you bite me than say one of your sweet grandmother's.  So we say "no, kisses!" And we kiss.  It cracks me up though because you will say "bite" as you come at me with your chompers!!  Sometimes I can stop you, but there are times you catch me off guard.  Ouch!

Then you say "mine" and fold your arms.  You say this about everything we pick up.  It's hilarious at times but still, not sure where this is coming from.  Daddy and I don't walk around claiming stuff by shouting "mine!" The other night I was drinking out of a cup that you wanted and you were yelling "Mine, mine!!"  Then threw a tantrum over a silly plastic cup, so I got you your own and eventually you were fine, but sheesh girl!!

Kicking!  Yes, you kick me and only me.  I was changing you the other night and you kicked me - hard!  I told you not to then you did it again and this time you almost got me right in the face.  I grabbed your foot and slapped the bottom of it.  Then I talked to you about not kicking.  You do not like to get in trouble.  Your body language changes.  You quickly try to change the subject and sometimes even cover your face. 

You know when you are being naughty and most of it seems premeditated.  You still make me laugh and smile a ton, but I am new to this mommy thing and am not quite sure how to reason with you.  It's an art I hope to master.  

You are a really good little girl.  You always will be.  I know you will make smart decisions and even those that they may not be too smart you will learn from - I just know it.  

Being a mom is one of the hardest, but most rewarding things I have ever done, it's weird because when I think about your future I don't want you to be a mom because it truly is hard and I don't want to see you struggle.  Does that make sense?  But then again you deserve all the happiness in the world and if you had a child even half as great as you, you would have all that happiness.  

I want you to live the life that you want and I hope that involves college, being surrounded by lots of friends and your family that loves you to the ends of the earth, seeing and exploring this awesome, crazy world, soul searching, laughing and smiling a ton, lots of tears of joy, staying fit and healthy and calling your mom on a daily basis.  ; )

When I look in your eyes I can't help but smile and it makes all my worries and anxiety go away. The other night it was nearing your bed time, so you and I went and lied in my bed.  I turned on Dora for you, we were snuggled up to each other, I was reading my magazine, I read over and grabbed your hand and we locked fingers.  I instantly felt peace and love. It's those gestures that make all my tiredness, worries and stress disappear.  You really are such a special little girl.

I can deal with you being a stinker because it's out weighed but your sweetness and love by far!

I love you!!

Love,
mommy

Yes, this is a pair of my underwear you have stretched over your head! Ha ha ha!
This just might used as a black mail picture one day. 
p.s. We are taking you to Lagoon this evening and I can.not.wait.  I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited!  Grandma Shelly is joining me, you and daddy on this adventure.  xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment