Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Party Weekend Part:2

Dear Maizy,

I couldn't sleep Friday night very well.  I was SO super excited for your birthday party.  I finally got out of bed about 8:00am, drank coffee, got myself ready for the party and went through the checklist of everything we needed to do.  We woke you up at 9:00 am and you were in a terrific mood of course.  Then you and daddy headed out the door to go pick up your sno-cone machine!!  Yes, that's right we rented a sno-cone machine for your big day!  

When you and daddy got back home we were all ready to go to Grandma Shelly's to get our party on!!  Woo hoo!! Oh but we had to stop at Wal-Mart first.  I wasn't very happy about this but Grandma ordered cupcakes for your party from the Wal-Mart "bakery".  I wasn't happy until I saw how dang cute they were!!  Grandma ordered you Dora the Explorer cupcakes.  There was vanilla and chocolate with lots of frosting, sprinkles and topped with a ring of either Dora, Boots or just a purple gem.  

Anyway, we got to Grandma's and her and Grandpa had blown up your pool and filled it with water so that it wasn't super cold, it took no time to get warm.  Then we also brought our giant beach ball that spurts out water, then Grandma also had a little water table thingy of sorts that is way cute to play with too. Oh and the big blow up ball that kids can get in and roll around - that was your fave.  We got to Grandma's a little after 10 a.m. and the guests were expected to arrive at 11:30 a.m.  The first ones to arrive was my friend Darci and her two kids, then my friend Kristy and her son showed up then everyone else trickled in.  

I couldn't believe the turn out considering no one RSVP's these days so I didn't know what to expect.  The sno-cones were a huge hit, we bbq'd hamburgers, hot dogs and had all the fixin's, Grandma Annette brought her yummy shrimp macaroni salad,  there was fruit with fruit dip, chips and dip.  

You were running around from person to person, kid to kid and was just trying to take it all in.  I wished I could have followed you around all day, but I was talking to everyone and so was daddy.  You wore your darling pink and black suit Grandma bought for you.  Every kid was smiling and having a BLAST!!  Christian even said to me "this is the best water party I have ever been too!!"  I loved hearing that and seeing everyone smile.  Especially my little birthday girl.  All the adults kept commenting on how much you've grown, how dang cute you are and how long your hair is.  

I am trying to recall every attendee.  Here is who I can remember in addition to me, your dad, Grandma Shelly and Grandpa Glen - Shalese, Aby, Brittany, Carmyne, Brindy, Kristy, Gavin, Darci, Braden, Ellie, Grandma Annette, Sienna, Grandma Hatch, Grandpa Hatch, Aunt JoLynne, Uncle Kookie, September, Todd, Sara, Christian and Colton.  Right before we opened gifts we handed out the cupcakes and then put two candles in one for you and sang Happy Birthday!  It was such an awesome day babe!  You received so many cute clothes, a baby doll and a crib - that was your fave, a talking picnic basket, Dora movie, Minnie Mouse books and coloring stuff.  

You were definitely overwhelmed and trying to take it all but you were awesome.  All the kids got along pretty well.  It was one of those moments that I wish I could pause to really take it all in.  We have such amazing friends and family.  Sometimes I wonder because we all get so busy and rarely see each other, but it's days like that, that remind me that we are surrounded by truly awesome people! You did come up to me and say "I'm happy! I'm happy!"  I love hearing those words out of your mouth.  

Everyone stayed and mingled then started clearing out about 3 p.m.  Before every kid left we gave them a box of goodies - candy, bouncy balls, parachute guy, press on tattoos and lip gloss and barrettes. We have a Minnie Mouse theme for the most part but since the store didn't make Minnie Mouse cupcakes we got Dora.  

The party was a success!!

Your dad and I were celebrating too that we have kept you alive for two years!  Ha ha ha!  Being a parent can be a frightening and tricky job at times.

Thank you for being so amazing, happy and well behaved!  Your party was awesome - just like you!

Love you!

Love,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment